1) Sign the #HomesNotStones petition
Demand an end to hostile architecture across the city!
2) Tweet about #HomesNotStones
See toolkit for graphics & talking points
3) Venmo @StreetWatchLA to contribute towards the cost of storage, hotel rooms, and other supplies for unhoused Schrader Zone residents.
- Mayor Eric Garcetti — @MayorOfLA
- CD13 Mitch O’Farrell — @MitchOFarrell
- LAHSA Director Heidi Marston — @HeidiMarstonLA
For the same cost as two encampment sweeps, the #ServicesNotSweeps coalition has provided 20 Schrader Enforcement Zone residents with motel rooms for 10 nights. The hotel funds were raised through a combination of crowdfunding and donations from coalition orgs. As the hotel funds run out, we urge that the City of LA permanently house the 20 residents immediately. With nearly 100,000 vacant hotel units and 66,000 unhoused people in LA County, we demand that Mayor Garcetti commandeer vacant hotels to house all Angelenos.
Learn more about last week’s Hollywood action here: press release
We demand that the City of LA:
- Immediately halt all CARE+ “comprehensive cleanup” sweeps
- End Special Enforcement and Cleaning Zones (SECZ)
- Provide hotel rooms, motel rooms, and permanent housing to all unhoused Angelenos
- Establish an Unhoused Residents Oversight Committee to oversee decisions made by city governance with respect to all matters related to homelessness
- Remove law enforcement from outreach